CBD Gummies: Benefits, Top Brands & More
When you see the letters CBD, what do you think of? For most people, a product like CBD oil or vape e-liquid is the first thing that pops into mind.
While oil tinctures and e-liquid are the most popular ways to consume CBD, they’re far from the only options available. CBD gummies offer a fun, tasty and convenient way to consume CBD, all without the usual inconveniences of swallowing an oil tincture or vaping.
Below, we’ve explained what CBD gummies are and the countless health and wellbeing benefits they can offer. We’ve also listed what you should look for in a pack of CBD gummies, as well as our top recommendations.
What Are CBD Gummies?
As you’ve probably guessed from their name, CBD gummies are small, flavoured gummies that contain cannabidiol, or CBD. They come in a wide range of colours and look just like the gummy vitamins that you can find at your local pharmacy.
Just like CBD e-liquids and oral drops, CBD gummies come in a variety of strengths, letting you adjust your dosage based on your needs and preferences. Depending on the specific brand you choose, your gummies may contain CBD isolate, broad spectrum or full spectrum CBD.
Compared to other forms of CBD, gummies offer a variety of unique advantages. They’re easy to use, especially while you’re out and about, with a tasty flavour that many people prefer over the taste of CBD oral drops and other products.
Since they aren’t firm like a capsule, you can chew gummies before you swallow them — a big benefit for people who don’t like swallowing medication.
Because gummies are consumed orally, you don’t need a vaporiser or any other equipment to use them. Gummies are also very cheap and affordable, with a variety of packs available from just £6.99.
Finally, you can use gummies anywhere, including in public areas that don’t allow vaping. CBD gummies look exactly the same as gummy vitamins or candy, making them a discreet option for consuming CBD while you’re out in public.
What Are The Benefits of CBD Gummies?
CBD gummies offer all of the benefits of other forms of CBD, from promoting healthy sleep and relaxation to improving conditions such as anxiety and treating certain forms of pain.
Put simply, the potential health and wellbeing benefits of CBD gummies are the same as those of CBD oil tinctures, vape e-liquids, capsules, edibles and all other products that contain some amount of CBD.
With this said, there are a few things about CBD gummies that you should know about before choosing them as your preferred form of CBD.
First, because CBD gummies are consumed orally, they need to pass through your digestive system before you’ll notice their effects. This means that as long as one hour could pass after you eat one or several CBD gummies before their effects are noticeable.
It also means that the effects of CBD gummies tend to last for slightly longer than those of oil tinctures or vape e-liquid, both of which provide faster delivery of CBD into your bloodstream.
Second, because CBD gummies pass through your stomach and liver as they make their way into your bloodstream, not all of the CBD content makes it. This means that you may need to take a slightly higher dose, in milligram terms, than you would with vapour or oil-based CBD.
Third, the food you eat can affect the digestion and absorption of CBD gummies. For example, when you take CBD gummies after eating a big meal, the contents of the meal could slow the release of the CBD from the gummies, further delaying their effects.
In short, CBD gummies offer all of the benefits of CBD, albeit with a slightly slower absorption process than tincture or vapour-based CBD products.
What to Look For in CBD Gummies
Just like with CBD oil tinctures, e-liquids and other products, not all CBD gummies are equally worthy of your money. While some products are excellent, others use poor quality ingredients, contain unwanted additives or simply don’t contain what their label claims.
In general, we recommend looking for CBD gummies that have the following:
- A trustworthy certificate of analysis. One of the biggest problems in the world of CBD is improper marketing claims. Unfortunately, many CBD products simply don’t contain as much CBD as their label states, often by a significant amount.This can make it difficult to reach an accurate dose, potentially affecting the benefits you experience from CBD. When you’re shopping for CBD gummies, make sure you choose a brand that’s lab tested and provides a certificate of analysis.
- The type of CBD you’re looking for. Like other CBD products, gummies are available with isolate, broad spectrum and full spectrum CBD. Make sure you choose the type of CBD you’re looking for, as each works slightly differently in the body.
- Non-CBD ingredients. In addition to CBD, many gummies contain healthy ingredients such as turmeric, spirulina and more. These gummies can be a great buy if you want a healthy supplement, not just a convenient supply of CBD.For example, these CBD gummies from CBDfx contain turmeric and spirulina as well as CBD for a range of overall health benefits.
- Lifestyle-enhancing ingredients. As well as herbs and other natural ingredients, some CBD gummies contain sleep-enhancing ingredients such as melatonin, as well as other vitamins for optimal quality of life. We’ve listed some of these products below.
- Good pricing. Like with all CBD products, there’s no need to overpay for a brand that doesn’t offer anything special. Many cheap CBD gummies are just as good as costlier ones, offering all of the benefits at a lower price.
Recommended CBD Gummies
Interested in trying CBD gummies? We stock a wide range of different gummies from leading CBD brands in an equally large range of flavours. Our recommended CBD gummies include:
- Evolved CBD Gummies by Evolved CBD. These CBD gummies come in range of fruity flavours and boast 25mg of qulaity CBD per sweet and are our best sellers. Evolved CBD Gummies provide serious value for money with 750mg strength CBD Gummies starting at only £23.99
- CBD Gummies With Turmeric & Spirulina. These tasty CBD gummies from CBDfx start from only £47.99 per 1500mg tub and contain turmeric and spirulina as well as CBD for a range of additional health benefits.
- CBD Gummies by Hempthy. These affordable pouches have tasty CBD gummies contain 10mg of CBD each, and are available in a range of flavours such as american hard gums, cola bottles, Imperial mints and even sugar free gummies that makes them a convenient way to get your CBD while out and about.
- Emoji CBD Gummies by Just CBD. These fun bite sized emoji gummies allow CBD to be incorporated into your daily intake as a daily supplement and provide premium isolate fruit flavours that are THC free. Just CBD have a vast range of CBD Gummies in their range that can be found here.
Learn More About CBD
If you’re interested in CBD but don’t know where to start, we’re here to help. In our beginner’s guide to CBD (cannabidiol), you’ll find helpful answers to all of the most common CBD-related questions, from CBD’s legal status to potential health benefits, using CBD and more.